Monday 26 September 2011

Friend called

I must say that on Friday, I think it was, I had a new ISP. However more about that later.
My friend called and I had a few things I wished him to do.
The first was to look at my Rose Arch. He only confirmed what I suspected, that is the arch is damaged beyond repair. I was a little sad because if anyone decides to look at old posts, I am sure there is at least one of the Roses. Well on Saturday, I finally decided to dig the rambler rose up. A lot harder than I imagined but I did eventually manage to remove the main root. I took a cutting last year and so when we have the Autumn rains I will try to transplant the rambler at the boundary so that it will grow through the trees.
The second job was to get him to swap the old VCR, he had bought one and it was no good at all. This one is much better although it will not eject the tape by remote control. Not a disaster.
The third job was my rear gate, His brother assisted him with this work. I was at the dentist. When I returned the gate was fixed but it was not fitted well and was very hard to close. Anyway he decided to sink the hinges. Now I must admit, it is great the gate closes brilliantly. He also adjusted my spare bedroom door so that also is now perfect.
Finally, I asked him to look at my gates, yes the ones that would not close. I will take a photo of them. One hangs a little lower than the other. He thinks they can be adjusted. Mind you when I get my Hammerite is anybodies guess.
As for the new ISP, I will tell you more about it tomorrow. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment