Wednesday 8 February 2012

Cleared snow

Yesterday I made enough room on my driveway to be able to get the car out and go to fetch my Pension, also I wanted to go to the local Surgery well the dispensary which is situated in the Surgery.
I went to get my Pension and the lass there mentioned just how bad and slippery the pavements were. To be honest I hadn't noticed it, anyway I then went to my Dispensary. I parked my car and as soon as I got out I felt my feet slip badly so I went very gingerly into the Surgery. I saw the Nurse on Dispensary and asked her if she could get me some medication to replace the one I normally use as it has not been available for some considerable time and I am worried because if i get a flare up I will be immediately in Hospital. She told me she would do her best but this was the last time she would be doing it, I looked a little puzzled at her. She then went on to explain that the Dispensary was closing and that those in there were being made redundant. I thought this is typical. Just before Christmas the Dispensary was closed for refurbishment. Now just over a month later it is closing. Talk about the NHS trying to save money, what a profligate society we live in. She then told me that what we had to do was to take the prescription round to the Chemists in the High Street. I can see me doing that alright.
I came back and finished the driveway, mind you I was absolutely worn out. So much so I didn't go online at all yesterday.
Today I decided to make a start on the back yard. At first, the ice made it very hard but after waiting for an hour or so, it was a lot better. I managed to get most of the pathways clear of snow, incidentally is still over 4" deep. So now I have a clear run to my polytunnel and greenhouse. Just seen the weather forecast for tomorrow though and it says we may be in for more snow late tomorrow into Friday. We will wait and see. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment