Tuesday 14 February 2012

Dispensary

As I expected when I went to the Dispensary, there was no medication that I had hoped would be there, the Nurse who was in charge gave me a prescription to order the medication. Thus absolving her of any responsibility as the Dispensary was closing down. I thought though what was the point. She did suggest that I try a local Chemist, Boots or Lloyds. I will probably call in tomorrow on my way back. I am going to see my Sisters, the first time since November I have been any distance in the car.
As I was walking out of the Medical Centre, an old Lady was struggling to get out so I held the door for her and in passing mentioned that it was a lot better walking this week than last week. She then talked of old sayings that my Parents would say. She said that there was plenty of snow in the hedge rows and it was waiting for some more to take it away. She then said February fill dyke be it black or white. Meaning rain or snow. I then reminds her of March many weathers, she carried on April showers, May flowers and June roses. Then someone came and interrupted us so I did not remember the remainder of the saying. I only remembered from January snows and I think July posies. I hope I see her again so that I can ask if she remembers the rest of the seasonal sayings.
At least it has been a lot milder today, dull but dry so hopefully a decent journey to Grantham with no frost or ice. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment