Monday 6 February 2012

What weather


I hope you can see the depth of snow. This was between 7" and 8" I took these photos around 8.00am.


This is a photo of my side door. Perhaps you will understand just how deep it was. There was some drifting and it was not possible at that time to get out.



Finally I had to take this photo from inside and I apologise at the poor quality this is generally because of the wet outside windows but I hope it gives some idea just how much snow we had.

It started to snow around 5.45pm on Saturday evening. It had been forecast all day and as it grew dark the clouds were building up. I would not have had any idea of the weather if it hadn't been for the neighbours. They have security lights and they are on and off regularly for most of the evening finishing some time after 11.00pm. Several times I could see the heavy snow that was falling so I expected a reasonable amount when I got up on Sunday. Mind you, I didn't expect so much.

As it happened the weather front was travelling east and as we are on the East Coast, we seemed to get the most of all. You may ask how I know. Well my Sister rung me up yesterday(Sunday)and asked me if I had much snow. I told her 8". She told me that she had heard that Skegness had lots, they had about 4 of snow at Grantham, so it was not too bad.

Today, I have been trying to clear my driveway of some of the snow. I have a large driveway about 15 paces wide and 20 paces depth. The trouble is that I have great difficulty in trying to find somewhere to move the snow to. Also as I am no longer young, it is hard work. What I seem to do is go out and work for about 20 minutes, have a rest then go and shift more snow. Doing it this way I find I can do shift a reasonable amount. So much so that I have cleared about 2/3 of the driveway. Enough now to be able to get my car out of the garage.

I now hope that we get no more of the white stuff this winter. More soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment