Friday 3 February 2012

Snow

This morning I woke up and it seemed to be extra light so I looked out of the window only to see it was white all over. Not a huge amount of snow but enough. i think a little less than 1".
It bought to my mind what my mate had told me when he was looking into Solar Panels. One representative called and in the conversation told him that in snow, the solar panels would work better. When he told me this, I told him that was rubbish. To be honest, I think he half believed the sales rep.
Well this morning was proof. The sun started to shine before 8.00am. Usually I start producing electricity from about 15 minutes after the sun starts to shine. Not today, my solar panels were covered with snow. I was a little disappointed that I hardly produced any electricity until the snow had melted. This was around 10.15am. Then I started to produce. Mind you when the sun moved to the rear of my property the same thing happened. Snow on my solar panels and it was rather late before nearly all were clear of snow. There is a couple that at this moment do not get the sun, they will of course when the sun gets higher in the sky.
Tomorrow it talks of snow again, late tomorrow night and into Sunday. Well I did have the foresight to get a few leeks and carrots in so I wont starve. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment