Wednesday 1 February 2012

Service

Yesterday morning I went to my local Service Station. It was a dull and very cold day. I know they don't start too early so I got there just after 8.30am. The shutters were still down. I went into the shop and looked at Ian's office he had just walked in. He looked at me and said he must get the garage open. I told him where I had left the car, gave him the keys. He then told me it would be ready round lunchtime so off I went. It is about 3/4 of a mile, thank goodness it was not raining or snowing but it was so cold. Anyway I got home and turned on the .V. It said that today would be a lot colder. As it happened not true. I thought that I would not wait until Wednesday to get my Pension and call in at the local supermarket. It had loin of pork 1/2 price. I then waited for a phone call. Just after noon I decided to put on my dinner, well potatoes and vegetables. No sooner had I started when the phone rang. Yes it was the Service station telling me the car was ready. Off went everything and I donned my overcoat and started walking to the Garage. I got there about 25 minutes later. I saw the car was parked where I had left it. It had been done though because there was some protective plastic on the drivers seat. there was a van parked in front of my car so I saw the man and asked him if he was going to be long. He told me he had called to service something. I asked him if he could move his van as all I was going to do was pay for my service and then leave. He told me he would move it. I went into the area where you pay. It is very small and there were a couple waiting to pay bills. When it came to me I told her I was to pay my bill for a service. I expected something like £70 to 80. This was because he told me all I would need was an oil change and filters changed too. It was almost £100. Pleased I didn't have a full service. I hate to think what that would have cost me.
Well I paid and thank goodness the man with the van had moved but was waiting for me to shift my car so that he could go back to where he had been. I got home and then got my dinner. after dinner, went for my Pension then into the next town to the local supermarket to buy some loin of pork. It wasn't where the meats were but on a end counter. I bought 2 pieces, almost £20 but should last for a while though. Been nice and sunny today though cold. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment