Monday 27 February 2012

Time Flies

I have not written anything for the last few days. Where my time has gone I have no idea.
On Thursday last week, I was in the garden just pottering about, I heard the next door neighbour using his chain saw, well his attachment. I naturally thought he was cutting a few limbs off the trees for kindling. A little while later I noticed that another of his trees at the bottom of the garden had been felled.
I decided to walk up the garden and managed to look over the fence and asked him if all was well. He then told me he intended to come round and fell my leylandii tree. It stood about 15ft tall.
About 45 minutes later he came round and started to cut through the trunk. It was much thicker than he had realised and luckily he had cut it just over 3/4 when there was a sudden gust of wind and the tree gradually fell. We were fortunate because it fell directly on my fence. I have concrete posts every 6ft so no damage was done to the fence. In fact it landed perfectly. The bulk of the tree was in his garden and by lopping the branches he managed to force the trunk to go completely over to his garden.
On Friday morning I cut the side branches off the main branches of the tree that he had lopped of the main trunk. It was my intention to see if the neighbours the other side would like them for kindling. I then took a few small branches and filled, well almost filled up my recycling bin. It is not collected again until April this year.
Later I saw one of them next door and I gave then the larger stipped branches, so I am now pleased that all I have left is a clump of green small branches which will wait until April to go into the recycling bin. Further updates tomorrow. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment