Monday 13 February 2012

Warmer

Today has been a lot warmer. Saturday was one of the coldest days in February I can remember. I washed my throw over and hung it out to dry. Before I had finished straightening it out the lot was frozen stiff.
A little later I rung my Sister up to tell her that according to the weather men, it was going to get warmer. She told me that she had been shopping and it was bitter cold, so it was not just here.
Needless to say, I did not produce much solar power as most of my solar panels were still covered in snow. Things changed on Sunday though, I was lying in bed thinking of having a bath when there was a noise. I recognised it immediately. It was snow falling of the roof, well off the solar panels. I did check up later and found that this was so. So now thank goodness the panels were once again free of snow. It was cloudy but dry and I did once again produce some electricity.
As for today, the snow that was lying has nearly all gone but where it drifted and also where I piled it up there is still plenty. We had a few showers and late this afternoon the sun shone, also a little breezy but hopefully I hope to go to Grantham on Wednesday.
I set a few tomato seeds yesterday, so I must think that the worst of the winter is over. I hope so because the next job will be to set a few seed potatoes in the polytunnel. Then a couple of weeks later, weather permitting I intend to set a few early peas. Little Marvel I think they are the best first earlies. I tend to set them in a couple of pieces of guttering, giving them a good start to life by bringing them in the sitting room, when they have broken through taking them to the polytunnel. The mice, if they get in won't eat them once they have sprouted.
I will go to the Dispensary tomorrow with my fingers crossed. Hoping they have managed to get hold of some acceptable medication. Will soon find out. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment