Wednesday 15 August 2012

A call

Yesterday teatime I had a pnone call. It was from my Consultant. He informed me that it was 5 years since I had a thorough inspection and he wanted me to go to have another one. Normally I have to take medication prior to the local anaesthetic. It is sent by post but he told me unfortunately it was not allowed to post the medication to me so I would have to go to Hospital and pick up the medication myself. I was not too pleased because it is almost 40 mile round trip for me. Anyway he told me that he would pass on the information to the relevant department and they would contact me.  About 5 minutes later he rang me again to tell me that the staff had left for the day and would contact me tomorrow, which is today.
  My mate called this morning and erected my weather station. I told him that I had to go to Hospital and would he take me, I could not tell him when as nobody had contacted me yet. He, naturally told me there would be no trouble at all.
  About 11.30am the phone rang. Naturally I expected it would be a call from the Hospital. Wrong, it was my best Pal telling me he would call later this afternoon.
  My mate had his meal and around 2.10pm. he left. I went into the T.V room and turned no the T.V. I had just sat down when the phone rang. It was from the Hospital. At the same time the doorbell rang. Anyway I managed to get the relevant information and told her I would call and get the medication within the next week or so. I am not due for the examination until September 13th.
 I then went to the door, sure enough it was my best Pal. His wife had dropped him off as she wanted to see me, she had taken the dog for a walk on the beach. She didn't stay out long as it started to rain. Before that I took my Pal to my runner bean patch and picked some beans for them. I also gave them a bunch of grapes. They finished up with a little marrow. This was intended for my mate but unfortunately he forgot to take them home with him. Not to worry as there will be plenty more for him another time. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment