Monday 20 August 2012

Internet trouble



Here are a few photos of runner beans and in the polytunnel climbing french beans. I grow lots of french beans and to be honest give far more away than I eat. Everyone loves them and of course they are grown indoors so do not have pests and I never give any artificial fertiliser.
 for the last week or so, well to be honest it could have been longer, my Internet speed has been slow. It is several months since I last had a problem with the download being slow. Anyway I decided to go online and check my speed. True enough it was very poor.0.02 megabits per second. I should have been getting over 5. I decided there and then to get in touch with my provider. It is a freephone so it didn't matter that I had to wait for a while. When I got through the formalities I told him that I had had this problem before and it was the filter that was at fault. I told him that if it was the filter I would think that something was causing this to occur. He told me he would check my line. He came back and told me that there had been some uotage and would reset it  but I would have to wait for a few minutes. I didn't mind at all. A few minutes later he came back and asked me to check once again. Immediately I started the test I could see that all was correct. I told him so and he laughed. He than asked me if there was anything else he could help me with. I asked him if my old exchange would ever be uprated. He then informed me that hopefully in 2014 the new fibre optic cable should start to come online. Here's hoping. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment