Friday 24 August 2012

Bank

The other day I had to go to the Bank. whilst waiting to be served I could not help but hearing what was going on with one customer.
 The conversation went something like this.
 Customer. " I don't know whats wrong with your cash machine outside but it has taken my card and won't let me have it back."
 Teller. "Thats funny, the machine is working alright."
 Customer. " I always have trouble with those machines, I don't think they like me."
Teller. "Well what did you want?".
 Customer. "I wanted to draw out some money".
 Teller. "Have you got any identity so that I can check you balance then I can get you to sign and then you can get some money",
Customer. That will be alright"
She opened her handbag and pulled out her wallet.
Customer. "Look what I've found. How did that get there?".
 It was her debit card.
Teller. "Do you think you put a store card in by mistake?".
Customer. "Probably so"
This took about 10 minutes to sort out and there were only 2 tellers on duty so you can imagine how long the queue was.
 Eventually it was my turn. I asked the teller who I know well if Lloyds TSB will stay the same or will it convert to the Co-operative Bank. She assured me that it weas going to stay the same with the staff being the same. In fact no change at all.
 Typical weather, it is the last Bank Holiday of the season and it talks of it being rather unsettled. Mind you, the other night the farmer started to harvest his wheat when we had a thunderstorm. Last night he managed to finish gathering the wheat in. Just in time as this morning it was raining again.  Lets hope the weather men are wrong for the Holiday week
end. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment