Tuesday 21 August 2012

Bits and bobs

This morning I went to get my Pension and on the way I took a glass jar to the recycling bank. I also had my repeat prescription with me so I stopped off at the Medical Centre and put it in the repeat box. I was about to leave when I thought I would book an time in Early September for a blood test. This I did.
  I then went for my Pension, called in at the paper shop for my T.V. paper then called at the local shop for a gammon, a 2ltr of skimmed milk and 2 packets of Teacakes. Then back to home.
  I went to my greenhouse and picked a bunch of grapes I had earlier picked the runner beans so I collected enough for a couple of meals then off I went to see tme couple who took over the Business I had, they are in their 15th season.
 As always they were pleased to see me and her Husband went mad for his runner beans, he told me they were his favourite vegetable. I know that it is not possible for them to grow any as their time is filled up with the business especially as it  is seasonal.
  Whilst I was there the car park man came along. I told him jokingly that I was only there for a few minutes. He surprised me by saying he recognised my car and he then saw me sitting down. He had a chat with me, I wish my mate had been there, his eyes would have lit up with what he had to say. In October the whole of Lincolnshire is being decriminalised and the Councils are being made responsible for all on street parking. He told me that as far as he knew, none of the men doing car park duties will be working the on street parking.
 Within a minute of me getting home the phone rang. It was the Doctor's Surgery, the lady told me not to worry but there was a slot for me to have my annual Diabetes check this Friday. I told her this would be O.K. These  5 weeks I have been or will be to the Hospital, also to have my eyes checked. blood test, dentist, hospital for internal examination and now Diabetes. I sure have my monies worth of the NHS. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment