Friday 10 August 2012

Eye examination

This morning I had to go to the Mablethorpe Medical Centre to have my eyes tested.
  I was not pleased because I only had notification on Wednesday, the cancellation telephone number had been crossed off.
  I left here about 10.00am. it was cloudy which is good for me if it stayed that way after the examination. I arrived about 10.25am. the sun was just breaking through. My appointment was for 10.30am.
  When my examination was complete I left the huilding and the sun was shining brightly. Typical I though, it's sods law. Anyway I managed to get home without incident. The effects generally last for about 3 hours. What they do is put drops in your eyes and this dilates the pupils.
  Just as the effects were beginning to wear off around 1.30pm. the clouds came over and that was the last of the sun we saw today. Brilliant timing. I wanted it to be dull from 10.30am. to 1.30pm. The opposite happened.
  Yesterday the men came to empty the garden waste bin. When I went out to get the bin in, I saw that the lid was hanging off. One of the pins holding the lid had been lost. I rang ELDC and this woman on Customers Service asked how she could help. I told her what had happened and she told me that some men would come out and repair the bin but it could take up to 10 days. I told her I expected her to send a replacement pin by post but she told me this would not happen.
 About 90 minutes  later my best Pal rung me up to tell me he would be calling later in the afternoon. I then went out to open my gates to my driveway. While I was out there I decided to have a good look to see if I could find the pin. I couldn't believe it, about 15 yards up the road, I saw something and when I went closer it was that pin. I picked it up and managed to fix the bin, What I did remember to do was ring the Council up and ask them to cancel the repair as I had managed to do the job myself. The lady seemed surprised but was grateful for me contacting them to give them the information. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment