Monday 6 August 2012

Olympics

I must admit that G.B has done far better than I had expected. I am surprised and pleased that they have done so  well. I don't expect much from the track events though. I don't think the men have any runners in any of the sprints and middle distance races. From 100m to 1500 metres. 
 I must congratulate the way the whole thing set up is. Everything that can be, is so close to each venue. The Olympic Park is fantastic. The Show Jumping is in London  Grenwich Park. Different to Beijing(spelt it correctly this time) there the show jumping was in a different Country. Well different to me because when I was in the Army, I spent my time out in Hong Kong. It was then leased to Great Britain fro 99 years from 1898 so in 1997 it revertet back to China. It must be remembered that the population was ruled by us then so it must have been  a little difficult to be ruled by China when they took back the Colony.
 The crowds have also been magnificent, the Stadium being full from early morning, that was just for many preliminary rounds. The stadium was then vacated around 2.00pm. so that the evening crowd could get ready to take their seats for the start at 7.00pm.
 It seems that every event that has been televised have been packed with supporters. Even the sailing at Weymouth was well supported.
 It was not the British competitors who had support, Usain  Bolt had almost as big a cheer as Jessica Ennis who was brilliant. She comes over as a very nice young woman. Hopefully with sponsorship deals, her future will be secure. I sincerely hope so. 
These last couple of days has been just like April, only less sun and heavier rain. Yesterday we had a very heavy thundersorm and rain. Not everywhere had it though. My Pal from the Chesterfield area rung me up and he told me that they had no rain at all yesterday. Needless to say, all of my water butts are full. Good for the runner beans. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment