Thursday 19 January 2012

Back to normal

Well it is back to normal, we hope regarding my internet connection speed. I rung them up again this morning, it is a free phone so it does not matter really. I spoke to a nice young guy called Kuz. He went through all the possible causes including checking the line and could not find anything wrong. I told him that I could not tell how much speed I was getting. He then gave me a web address to write to and that would tell me my speed. He told me that I could follow the results on my mail page.
I went to the web site and found I had a derisory 0.2megabits per second. I could not find the link so I rung them up again. This time i got a nice lad called Ben. He told me that it was logged on my page and all he wanted to check was that I had all in place. He then told me to change my filter as I was given 2 when I signed up to Plusnet. He told me that he wished to check all he could because if B.T engineer was called and it was my fault then I would be charged £60.. I told him I would change the filter there and then. He told me to do it when we finished the conversation. Then check the line again in a couple of hours.
When we finished I immediately changed the filter. Went again to check my speed. I was amazed at the speed it went. 6.2 megabits. I was thrilled. I checked again at noon and it was the same so I rang them again. This time a lad named Ross answered. I informed him that all was once again perfect so they could cancel anything they had ordered or considered. He told me that I would be staying on their watch just to make sure that all was well. I told him to thank the other 2 and he promised to do this. I told him that Ben had suggested changing the filter and this had been the problem. I then asked if I should destroy the faulty filter. He readily agreed and I destroyed it. He told me that in general, if there is anything wrong, the first thing they suggest is a filter change. I thanked him and that was that.
Tonight I have rung my mate up and told him about the filter being faulty and that the first thing that should be changed if a fault occurs is the filter. I also asked him to get me another filter so that I have a spare one in. That is enough for tonight. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment