Thursday 26 January 2012

Surprise

This morning I went to see my mate, he gets me things from the local supermarkets. I also go to see his Mum who is not well but she is always pleased to see me.
She told me some time ago that she likes to talk to someone nearer her age so I start talking of old times. today was the washing of clothes. We reminisced talking of dolly tubs and mangles. Her son then mentioned some soap powder. We both put him right. There were very few soap powders in those days. I mentioned Lux. These were flakes, upon hearing this she told me that she still had some of the flakes. I told her that they would be antique.
Anyway I got home and went online to check mail. To my surprise I had an e-mail from British Gas. It started by thanking me for choosing them for them to be the agents for my tariff. However they sent me lots of things to do. To be honest it took me ages to download photocopy and then e-mail to British Gas. I thought I had done quite well, but no, I had forgotten one more thing to photocopy sign and then e-mail it to them. This I did late on tonight so I do not quite know if all is correct.
I sincerely hope all is correct. If not then I will have to do it again. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. When I was quite young we had a ringer washer. My mother would slice up bars of brown Fels-Naptha heavy duty laundry soap into the washer as it filled with hot water. It gave the wash a most wonderful smell.

    However, she hand washed her unmentionables in a bucket using a small wash board, about 16 inches high and 8 inches wide.

    I recall one time she was in a particularly foul mood when us kids got home from school. We learned later that she had caught one of her boobs in the ringer!

    ReplyDelete