Monday 9 January 2012

Is it me?

To be honest I have not been 100% for the last 3 weeks or so. This virus seems to almost go then it comes back with a vengeance. This has happened today and to be honest I have felt a little under the weather. Let us hope that tomorrow will be a better day.
To compound this, I was supposed to have a free service from British Gas this morning. As it seems to be at the moment, nobody came and no explanation was given. I don't think I will bother again as it seems to be a waste of time.
I forgot to mention it but I asked my mate if he saw a set of scales, with or without any weights. It is primarily for my bread rolls. As I get a little older I don't seem to have the ability to evenly portion dough pieces.
Well my mate told me he had digital scales and he though I had. I told him I had so out they came. Unfortunately the battery was flat. I don't know what you would call them but they are flat like a smaller size of a 10p piece.
When I went to see him on Friday, I was fortunate because he had bought one for his girlfriend. He fitted it and gave me the scales.
last night I decided to bake a batch of bread rolls. I only do about 18 maximum at a time as it is the proving and cooking of them that limits me.
Well, like an idiot I mixed the dough then when it came to weigh the individual portions out, I turned on the electronic scales. When I switched it on the scales went to 8888 which is normal, then went to 0, then it started to go haywire. Just like the T.V I bought. I couldn't believe it and stared in amazement. I then put the scales away. The next time they come out will be when my mate looks at them. To be honest, I think they will be beyond repair. Had I felt good I would have probably rung my mate up but I guess there is no hurry as I generally only have 1 roll a day. Let us see what tomorrow brings. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment