Wednesday 18 January 2012

Unbelievable

Today I went on to the help line because of my problems with the Internet speed.
I had great difficulty loading the pages, anyway I followed the instructions as well as i could but when it suggested that I try another router I was stumped. I eventually disconnected my router and tried my old one. Needless to say it didn't work at all. In fact I got a few things wrong so I called my mate from Skegness. I explained all. but I forgot to put back a filter so the phone was not clear. He told me he would be down later on.
He arrived soon after 2,30pm. I explained that I could not get my other router to work. He told me that no other router would work because they all had a router password and in general would only work for that Company that had supplied it.
He saw that my speed was very poor so decided to try with his lap top which he bought with him. Luckily as he was trying things out Adobe wished to update his Adobe Flash so he accepted the invitation. As it was only an update he expected it to be completed in less than a minute. It took him over 5 minutes. He then told me that it was either the speed that the company was delivering was not sufficient or, less likely the router was faulty.
I told him that I would ring their help line and inform them of our findings. While I was waiting for a reply, my mate was looking at my solar installation.
I did eventually get through to a guy. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He told me that he could not help with any queries only general enquiries as the system was down at their place of work. I told him that I was also having trouble and what could he advise. All he suggested that I call back another time. I asked him when it would be likely that they would be up and running. He told me that perhaps I should ring back in at least 2 hours time. So if I do not get online for a few days you now will know what has happened. I keep my fingers crossed. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment