Monday 16 January 2012

T.V time again

Well I couldn't believe it. Around lunchtime the doorbell rang and once again it was a delivery man trying to deliver the said Television. I told him the whole saga and told him that I had told the guy on Friday what had happened. I asked him out of curiosity where he had come from. He told me Nottingham. That is about 80 miles away. I was surprised as I expected him to say Lincoln. Anyway, I will wait and see what happens next as he told me he would pass the information on to his superiors.
The doorbell rang late in the afternoon. It was the lady from next door, the one with the chickens. She asked me if I would help her round up the chickens as they were proving a problem for her. I of course helped her, they were a little reluctant to go back in their pens and as it was getting a little dark, they soon went into their coops ready to roost for the evening.
I think reqally she asked me to help as an excuse as I had an offer from Saga Magizine to give someone a years subscription for £1. I told her to give me her full name and address, this she gave me today so tomorrow I will go and post the application form.
I am having trouble with the internet, not enough speed, whether it is me with perhaps a virus I don't know but to write this blog, I have had to go offline to load this page. Sad I know but true.
If I find it is my provider I will tell them in no uncertain terms just how I feel and threaten them with an official complaint as this is not the first time this has happened.
Finally for my American friend. I apologise profusely. A chip buttie is a common snack especially in the norht of England. I must try to remember in future. Mind you, I laughed like anything at your comment. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment