Thursday 5 January 2012

What a performance

I can't believe all that has happened these last 3 weeks or so.
It is hard to believe but I wrote to Comet Customers Service so many times that I told him that I regarded us as Pen Pals. He he he. To his credit, he did get things done and today, yes today the T.V has finally been picked up and I have been reimbursed.
Mind you, I had another episode. With the Customers Service there is a help line . I foolishly decided to call them. The first message was that I would be charged at 10p a minute plus my normal providers charges.
As you would expect there are menus to go through and eventually I managed to talk to a young lass called Sarah. Very nice too, of course I had to explain everything to her and then she tried to find me on the system. Was I surprised when she told me there was nothing on the system? No. She then put me on hold, well it seemed an eternity but I think it would be no more than 5 minutes. When she came back she told me that someone would call me later that night and explain why no pick up had occurred and why I had no had a refund. needless to say, no call was made to me.
However today January 5th just 21 days after ordering the T.V it was picked up. Thank goodness for that.
Now to my Solar Panel saga.
I registered, well that is not exactly true, the installer registered the system for me. I did the following day, check up to see that all was O.K and was told that out of 10 he was 9.99 sure all was well.
Today, yes today almost 4 weeks after registering, I had a letter. Where do I start. It was questions. I really think they wanted my inside leg measurements. Questions like. As you are not a British Gas Customer we want proof of who you are and where you live etc. Send a passport or driving licence, utility bill and other proofs of being who you are.
I wrote a nice letter telling them that I was an old man, I have never heard of anyone disbelieving me. I told them that I did not have a passport and at my time of life had no intention of having one either. So I am at present in limbo. What a start to 2012. Such is life. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment