Friday 6 January 2012

Visiting

This morning, with a smile on my face because the sun was shining, I went to see my mate in Skegness. As anyone who bothers to read my blog will know that he usually comes to see me once a fortnight but for the last two months or more, his Mother has been ill and as he is the official carer, he does not stray far.
Anyway, he is good to me and I give him my order which he gets from the local supermarkets and if he sees anything he thinks I want he will get it, only if it is the right price.
Well, when I rung up last night to let him know what I wanted and what time I would be there, he told me he had bought me a Phillips Digital Radio and the price was only £15.00. I told him that it was great and the price was certainly very cheap. He told me he had got one for himself and one for his lady friend.
I arrived there just before 10.30am. Went in to see his Mum and wish her A Happy New Year. She was in good spirits and that was nice to see. I told her I was having a bit of smoked haddock for my dinner today, she then told me that her other Son had bought her her Christmas dinner, she then told me she had chicken brussel sprouts roast potatoes and peas. Christmas pudding as a must and she told me that he also bout round a sherry trifle. That was nice of him. He has recently managed to find another lady. His partner of some 14 years died a couple of years ago. I told his Mum that this was the best news I had heard for ages as he was not the type who would live alone happily. I think he is about 54.
My mate showed me the cooker he bought. Looks great. He told me this woman had bought it but wanted to go back to gas. He got it for about £150. It is A rated, but with his solar panels facing south he is doing very well. I get about 50% of what he is managing but I am not too worried. All I am waiting for is to see what tariff I will be on. I will of course keep all who are interested informed.
I purposely never stay too long. From experience I find that the old folk who are not too well like to see you but for not too long. They then look forward to seeing you again.
Anyway my mate set up the radio for me, I just stayed for a few more minutes then off I went home. I purposely looked to see how many solar panels were fitted to other houses. NONE. Well I didn't see any anyway.
The first thing I did when I got home was to see how much electricity I had generated. Not a lot but I produced more than the last 3 days put together. I finished up producing about 1.0kw Hrs.
The other day I set some broad beans in pots in my greenhouse, so I will have something to look forward to theses coming weeks. I do expect however some winter weather before too long. But as I have always said, the days are gradually getting longer so winter if it comes next week will not last as long as if it had arrived a week ago. Enough rubbish for now. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment