Tuesday 2 August 2011

ankles

I can't remember if I mentioned this before but when I went to have my Podiatry tests, one of the last things the Nurse told me was that my ankles were nice and thin. She told me that generally as one got older, the ankles thickened.
I told her that when I was in Hospital the last time, I guess that was about 4 years ago, this Lady came everyday to visit her Husband. He was 90 years old, mind you I think she was at least 10 years younger than that. He was a retired Policeman. He was the local bobby in a town nearby. To be honest, he was not well at all. He had bed sores and was gradually getting worse. His wife would bring him in special food every day. Sometimes he would be sleeping. I was on the bed opposite. She used to come over to me and at first she told me that my ankles were the best ankles she had ever seen. It must be remembered that I had not been walking much for a couple of weeks so my legs were just about acceptable and my ankles would be at their best. She would come over every day and feel my ankles. It didn't bother me at all so I let her do it. After about a week I was suddenly moved to another ward so I never saw her again.
The Nurse was bemused as to why anybody would want to touch ankles. I just thought that different people have different fetishes.
I had a letter a couple of days ago informing me that I have an appointment for my Retinopathy Screening. I must say they do keep a close eye on me. It does mean though that I will have to make arrangements to have transport as I will not be allowed to drive to and from the Medical Centre, which is about 8 miles away. More soon.

1 comment:

  1. Stand by for those horrid eye drops, I'll be bound!

    But then, you're probably well used to all the standard procedures of our dearly beloved health service - one which so many people across the world dearly wished they had too.

    Yeah - and that's just one of the entirely understandable reasons why people seek to emigrate to the UK.

    ReplyDelete