Monday 22 August 2011

gates

Well the other day a guy called to confirm my move to another LPG supplier. He was very nice but his last remark was. "Get those gates sorted they spoil the look of your property". I must admit that they look bad. To be candid, I have never had those gates closed. They are made of wrought iron so are rusty alright. I did tell him that they were rusted and would not move.
Well this morning I saw George my neighbour. He is a semi retired builder. I asked him if he had anything to help with releasing my gates I had tried WD40 but the rust was too bad. My friend had also tried and told me that they were damaged beyond repair. George told me he would send someone round.
True to his word the youngish man came round with a hammer and some sort of releasing agent. He looked at the gates and told me that it was not going to be easy as they had been bent, I guess my mate had hit them hard with some instrument and had bent them. He persevered and to my surprise managed to get one free. He told me that he would probably have to use heat on the other one. He tried it for one last time and to my amazement it suddenly became free. So now I have gates that work. I told him that I will use Hammerite and he then told me to use Hammerite magnetic. This I think is a spray and it sticks to the other side and he told me that there was no need to then paint the other side as it would be already done. I have rung my mate and he will look for some of this paint. He is here on Wednesday so I will keep you informed as to what will happen.
I had a bit of a shock this afternoon. I had to go for a routine inspection of my mouth at the local dental practice. All was O.K and I went to the receptionist to see if there was anything to pay. She informed me that I did not pay for my last visit in April so with this visit it was £17 for this and £17 for the last visit. I queried the cost and it suddenly came to me. I told her that I had paid I think £199 for the dentures and had trouble with them. I went back to have them readjusted and she then told me she remembered. and would report this to the Practice Manager to see what is going to happen. If I am charged, I will be inclined to threaten to take legal action as the dentures were not fit for purpose and see what will happen.
I have taken a few photos of the wasps in my jars. Don't know what they look like but if they are O.K. then I will post them on my blog. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment