Tuesday 30 August 2011

Holiday over

Yes, the Bank Holiday is over and also I think the summer.
I think weather wise we have been fortunate regarding rain here. Mind you, on Friday it rained all day, well except for about 30 minutes. My garden has had plenty of rain, all of my water butts are full . On Saturday, after all the rain, I stupidly decided to dig up the potatoes. Eel worms were a plenty and mud stuck to the potatoes so you can guess the ground is wet.
On Saturday I also decided to pick my apples. It is rather early but I noticed a few had fallen so I did the lift test. That is to hold an apple and gradually lift them, if they come off easy then they are ready to be lifted. I picked well over 200. They were still a little wet so I laid them out in the sitting room to dry. Quite a lot were damaged but I still managed to salvage, I think over 150. I say I think because I am hoping they will keep over the winter.
Now a reply to M. about the paint.
The paint gun was used with a cartridge and it was that where the paint came from. One of the users stated that once the cartridge was open, it must be used on that day. Mind you, it must have been a disaster because it seems to have been withdrawn. I think M. is right when stating that brushes are the thing. One of the reviewers stated this and said he was happy with his painting with the brush.
Finally, we complain about the weather here but I do think about those on the East Coast of America. The hurricane which was downgraded to a tropical storm, did countless millions of $ damage ans the pictures that were shown on T.V.were dreadful. We have a lot to be thankful for living over here in England. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment