Tuesday 23 August 2011

greengages

This is a very short blog. My best pal called today so I have not much time.
Yesterday, while my neighbour was freeing the gates the other neighbour was cutting the hedge, He had steel capped boots on so he put his foot under the gate while the man hit the parts that were stuck.
After freeing them he told me that his fruit trees were being pestered by wasps and one plum tree was bearing green fruits. I suggested that they would be greengages so all of us went to his place. He has a huge garden and 2 plum trees some 50 yards away. When we got close I told him that they were greengages, I took one off and ate it. To be honest they are beautiful. I gave one to the man from next door and told the neighbour whose garden it was to try one. He was astounded. He told me he didn't realise that they were firstly ready and secondly how nice they were. I then told him to pick them as the wasps were getting at them.
After looking at the chickens we left but later I saw his partner, I asked her if she had tasted the greengages. She told me that she had no idea as to what tree it was, they had as they thought bought 2 plum tree. She then asked me if I would like some. I told her that would be nice and a dozen would be fine. They are really nice. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment