Friday 19 August 2011

Rain a plenty

It is funny but here at the seaside we have had lots and lots of heavy showers. Not those that last a couple of minutes but the ones that last for about 30 minutes with very heavy rain.
I think I mentioned it but when I went to Grantham my Brother-in Law told me that they had only a few showers. I noticed it when he was digging up some of the front lawn so his wife could get her car on the driveway. The ground was bone dry. I told him it would not be possible to do that here. I dug a few potatoes up and they were covered in mud.
Today I gave the new neighbours a few more runner beans. I then told him that I would give them a few plums but they must half them to see if there was any plum moth grubs in them. To be candid, I have seen very few in the later plums I have gathered. I also gave them, with my other neighbour a few grapes. He told me that they were having a barbecue tomorrow and I was welcome to join them. He also told me that they were having visitors from the London area later today and were staying for a holiday. I then saw that there were lots of wasps around his bucket. It was full of kitchen waste . He told me that there was a wasps nest up in the field. I told him to contact the council and inform them that there was a wasps nest. Whether he will, I don't know. He should because as I have told you, both he and his wife have been stung.
Just for M. Tomorrow is not looking too promising weatherwise. So perhaps the barbecue will be put on hold. More soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment